Saturday, November 16, 2013

New 'Joe's Temper' Painting in Walnut


I wasn't sure what to expect when I went for the panel discussion and reception for Sense & Sensibility II at MtSAC (that's Mount San Antonio College) Art Gallery in Walnut last week, but was flattered to see that my big weeping gladiator sniffing a flower painting plus a really big previously unexhibited Joe's Temper abstract painting on paper had been installed in the front gallery by the entrance. I didn't think they'd have room for the JT piece, but now that I know it's up, I'll plug the show again -- in case any Joe's Temper fans were unaware. I'll just put a detail up for now, to encourage you to visit the show, which has many other fine works of art, though very few are based on the Joe's Temper advertisement to the best of my knowledge. Walnut's about 20 minutes east of downtown LA on the 10. Here's a map. The show's up through December 12.

Gallery hours are Tuesdays through Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Tuesday nights, 5 to 7:30 p.m.
For more information, call the Art Gallery at (909) 274-4328 or visit the gallery’s website at www.mtsac.edu/artgallery.

No comments: