Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Of Perversities Past

I've been so swamped I haven't been able to link to my already-online activities -- couple of reviews need regurgitating. But first, I just realized I never plugged this show and I don't even know if it's still up... it isn't, damn. But check it out online: Narratives of the Perverse II, a rowdy, crowded group show which had one of my recent Flash Fudds (comic collages I began doing at age 11). I don't have a photo of it, but here's the detail Jancar Gallery put up on their website.

There were lots of great works included -- paintings by the always reliable Charles Karubian, Judith Linhares, and Dani Tull; a video homage to Courbet's L’Origine du Monde (1866, below) by Micol Hebron (I walked in at the designer sunglasses sequence, and LOLed); and Roger Herman's father's documents proving his Aryan status in Nazi Germany. It's a something-for-everyone kind of affair. If you ask nice at the gallery, maybe they'll show you that video.

No comments: